HDP-5072EX High Definition Semi-Fisheye conversion Lens 0.5x
The model HDP-5072EX is a 0.5x semi-fish eye conversion lens is compatible with the 4K/High Definition large aperture camera lens, and it has a resolution power of 630 lines/mm at
center (MTF30%). With the HDP-5072EX lens mounted on a High Definition camera's lens, it broadens 100% more the field of view than the original widest angle of view. In shooting a subject of short distance with HDP-5072EX lens on, it creates an interesting image of semi-fisheye effect, taking an advantage of the -31% distortion nature, but it takes a panoramic picture of 0.5x wide-angle coverage without bothering the distortion image, when taken a distant subject.
In using the appropriate adapter rings (sold separately), the *HDP-5072EX lens will be compatible with 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 77mm and 82mm filter sizes. The lens goes direct in the camera's filter size of 72mm.
Extraordinary high resolution from edge to edge
It creates a -31% distortion image,
obtaining the semi-fisheye effect.
φ116mm large sized front lens element
3-Group / 3-element High Definition Design
Specifications & Measurements
Sturdy and solid metal and ABS/PC hybrid body
Actual 0.44x Diagonal, 0.5x Horizontal
* With this conversion lens attached on the Canon XF-305/XF-300, SONY PMW-EX1/EX1R cameras, the vignetting (darkened corners) occurred at the widest angle position will not disappear yet even if it's zoomed.
● The specifications and cosmetic designs may change without a notice.
● HDP-5072EX Semi-fisheye lens weighs 640g and it's rather bulky, and please support
the lens by hand carefully in shooting, and dismount the lens after completing
● The HDP-5072EX Semi-fisheye lens is designed with a priority purpose of widening
the field of view in maintaining the superb high image quality when used
at the wide-angle range of a camera's zoom lens.
● There will be no influence on the original F number of the camera when
HDP-5072EX Semi-fisheye lens is on. It remains the original F number of the camera lens.
● The focusing zoom range with the HDP-5072EX Semi-fisheye lens on will vary depending on the model of High Definition camera in use, and generally speaking the focusing zoom range is from the end of wide-angle point up to mid zoom area. No focusing at the telephoto zoom range.
● With the HDP-5072EX lens on, usually do focus the camera under Auto Focus mode. In using the replaced interchangeable lens or in operating under the Special Scene mode, there may be possibility of not focusing precisely even with its manual focus mode.
● Although you may detect a white dot in the HDP-5072EX lens sometimes when looking into from the front, but it's not out of normal and would not affect any of image quality. ● Exposing the conversion lens to a warm atmosphere in an instant way from the cold area may create some dew on and inside the lens. When it happened inside the lens, keep the lens in a dry area till the dew disappear before using. Repeating such may leave dirt spot - (mildew) and affect the image. ● All of Raynox conversion lenses are proudly made in Japan. At our owned manufacturing subsidiary, every stage of production is rigorously checked and tested so that the lens elements compensate effectively for astigmatism, distortion and spherical aberration.... for an excellent image quality. ● The lens is neither made for dust-free nor moisture/water-proof.
●When mounting the HDP-5072EX Semi-fisheye lens onto the High Definition camera, we recommend set the camera vertically and do it very carefully, like shown in Pic.1.