Captures a super panoramic view in high-definition image quality
HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES High Definition
Diagonal Fisheye conversion Lens 0.28x
The HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES denotes a "Fisheye" conversion lens that facilitates the attachment to high-definition video cameras and digital cameras, enabling the capture of ultra-wide-angle images. It is designed to support 5x zoom, enabling it to focus from the widest angle of the zoom lens to 5x zoom range*. The new design features a compact, lightweight, and 3-group/3-element optical eco-glasses, achieving high performance with a central resolution of 475 lines/mm at center (MTF30% designed figure). Two adapter rings are included as standard for each model, allowing it to be used with camera lenses of different filter sizes.
(The HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lenses exhibit identical specifications.)
By using a separately sold adapter ring, it can also be used with high-definition cameras with filter sizes such as 55mm. By attaching it to a wide-angle lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of f=26mm or less, it is possible to shoot with a diagonal angle of view of 180 degrees**.
A true High-Definition quality edge to edge
It creates a -64% distortion image,
obtaining the Fisheye effect
3-Group / 3-element High Definition Design
205g Compact size design
Specifications & Measurements
Sturdy and solid metal and ABS/PC hybrid body
Actual 0.18x Diagonal, 0.32x Horizontal
Depending on the type of camera lens, there may be a case where peripheral resolution is improved by attaching a 52mm adapter ring to the 0.28x lens and then layering a corresponding adapter ring on top of it before attaching it.
● The specifications and cosmetic designs may change without a notice. ●A 37mm filter diameter adapter ring is already attached to the lens body of HDP-2800ES at the time of shipment from the factory, so please attach it directly to a camera lens with a 37mm filter diameter. In addition, a 43mm filter diameter adapter ring is included, so please replace the 37mm filter diameter adapter with it and attach it to the camera lens. If you want to attach it to a filter diameter other than the above, please refer to our website's lens compatibility table. ● A 49mm filter diameter adapter ring is already attached to the lens body of HDP-2805ES at the time of shipment from the factory, so please attach it directly to a camera lens with a 49mm filter diameter. In addition, a 52mm filter diameter adapter ring is included, so please replace the 49mm filter diameter adapter with it and attach it to the camera lens. If you want to attach it to a filter diameter other than the above, please refer to our website's lens compatibility table.
●HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805 lens is a precision optical instrument assembled with critical alignment tolerances. Please do not subject it to severe shock or to conditions of excessive cold, heat, or humidity.
● Do not use the built-in flash when the HDP-2800ES lens is attached. Doing so may cast a shadow on the picture.
● To avoid any damages on the front lens of the camera in use with the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805 lens, please make sure the adapter ring is to be mounted on first. It can not be mounted direct on the 52mm filter sized camera lens. Please mount our original adapter ring RA5252B if need to use HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens onto 52mm filter sized camera lens.
● There may be some chances of malfunction of the remote control when used while the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens is on. So, it's recommended to make a rehearsal shooting, before using the remote control system.
● Please treat and protect carefully in shooting the camera with the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens on. Please remove the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens from the camera whenever a shooting is over, and do not carry around the camera with the lens on. It may cause damages or spoil the lens and the camera as well.
● With the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens on, usually do focus the camera under Auto Focus mode. In using the replaced interchangeable lens or in operating under the Special Scene mode, there may be possibility of not focusing precisely.
● For resolving the matter of vignetting (darkened or cutting off the
image corners) on the still image obtained with the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens on,
while maintaining the max. diagonal fish-eye effect, it's recommended
to use an image treatment software and make an appropriate trimming. See the example photos.
● Although you may detect a white dot in the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens sometimes when looking into from the front, but it's not out of normal and would not affect any of image quality.
● The focusing zoom range with the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens on will vary depending on the model of High Definition camera in use, and generally speaking the focusing zoom range is from the end of wide angle point up to mid zoom area. No focusing at the telephoto zoom range.
● When mounting the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens onto the High Definition camera, we recommend set the camera vertically and do it carefully. ● Exposing the HDP-2800ES/HDP-2805ES lens to a warm atmosphere in an instant way from the cold area may create some dew on and inside the lens. When it happened inside the lens, keep the lens in a dry area till the dew disappear before using. Repeating such may leave dirt spot - (mildew) and affect the image. ● All of Raynox conversion lenses are proudly made in Japan. At our owned manufacturing subsidiary, every stage of production is rigorously checked and tested so that the lens elements compensate effectively for astigmatism, distortion and spherical aberration.... for an excellent image quality. ● The lens is neither made for dust-free nor moisture/water-proof. * The 5x zoom compatibility mentioned above is based on the actual test data made with the under 10x zoom HD camcorder, and depending upon the model of camera lens you use, effective zooming may become less than 5x. For finding the suitable camera models please visit our Raynox Home Page and see the Cross Reference Table.
** A designing calculation figure.