HDP-7880ES 4K compatible High Quality Wide-angle Conversion Lens 0.79x
The RAYNOX HDP-7880ES is a high-quality, 4K-compatible, wide-angle conversion lens that provides 0.79x magnification, allowing you to capture 27% more of the scene in all directions. This lens is made of high-index eco-optical glass elements and uses a new three-group/three-element lens formula to achieve an impressive 355 lines/mm resolution power at
center (MTF30%). with an almost non-distorted -1.9% rate. As a result, it produces fine, non-distorted wide-angle images.
This particular lens is specifically designed for use with 4K Wide Angle coverage Video Camcorders and is compatible with 55mm, 58mm, and 62mm filter sizes when using the appropriate adapter rings, which are included in the package. For other front filter threads, please refer to the Cross-Reference Table in our catalog or on our website (http://www.raynox.com) to determine the appropriate Raynox adapter ring or tube to use.
Extraordinary high resolution from edge to edge
Super -Low-Distortion -1.9% rate
153g Super Light Weight
3-Group / 3-element Optical eco-glasses
1x-10x zoom Capability*
Some cameras do allow using the lens at max. wideangle range only.
Specifications & Measurements
ABS/PC hybrid body
Actual 0.79x Diagonal, 0.79x Horizontal
Front and Rear Lens caps, 3-Adapter ring 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, Instruction manuals.
*Limited in using max. wide-angle position. Raynox RT6262S is sold separately. Please note that some video cameras with 55mm, 58mm, and 62mm filter threads may not fit with this HDP-7880ES lens + adapter ring, so please do not force the lens to mount as it may cause damage to the camera lens surface. For Sony FDR-AX700, FDR-AX100/E, HDR-CX900/E, HXR-NX100, and PXW-70, please use the RT6262S tube adapter, which is sold separately and should be mounted on the adapter lens first. Additionally, do not attach the HDP-7880ES to any master lens other than those tested by us, as it may result in serious damage to the camera's master lens.
F= Female thread size, M= Male thread size
RT6262S tube adapter
Please use the RT6262S tube adapter directly on the threads of the HDP-7880ES, then mount it onto the appropriate camera's filter threads. Production discontinued in. 2021/May.
Please keep the following things in mind when using the 0.79x wide-angle lens:
● The top of the rear convex element of the lens protrudes from the level of the mounting threads. Using or carrying the lens without a protecting adapter ring or lens cap may cause scars on the surface of the rear lens or cause damage.
● The 0.79x wide-angle lens is a precision optical instrument assembled with critical alignment tolerances. Please do not subject it to severe shock or to conditions of excessive cold, heat, or humidity.
● Depending on the camera model, the built-in image stabilizer system may cause vignetting (darkening corners) when the lens is attached. It is recommended to turn the system "OFF" to avoid such incidents.
● The built-in flash cannot be used when the wide-angle lens is attached as it may create a dark shadow on the picture.
● Depending on the camera model, some degree of darkening at the corners of the frame (vignetting) may occur. To avoid vignetting, move the zoom lens slightly towards telephoto, and it may disappear.
● The built-in remote control system of the camera may not function properly when the lens is attached. We recommend making a trial shooting before using the remote control system.
● Although you may detect a white dot in the lens when looking into it from the front, it is normal and would not affect image quality.
● Please remove the lens from the camcorder after completing your shooting.
● The lens is designed for use with a 1x-10x zoom lens
●0,79x wide angle lens is neither made for dust-free nor moisture/water proof.